Thursday, January 22, 2009

All About Oakley!!



1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? Where everyone is, in the bathroom. Then we went to the hospital for a definite answer.
2- Who was with you? Griff was waiting right out side.
3- How did you find out that you were pregnant? Pregnancy test. I bought 2 and both had the same answer.
4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? Well, it wasn’t planned so I was first shocked and a little sad. It was at a bad time because of my schooling but there was some excitement too.
5- Who was the first person you told? Griff’s mom, Sherry
7-Did you plan to get pregnant? Nope, we were going to start trying like 3 months later.
8-Was everybody happy for you? I think so.
9- Did you go out and celebrate? Not that I remember. Maybe Don Pedros.
10- Did you want to find out the sex? For sure
11- What was the sex? A Girl!! We both kind of wanted a boy first, but we were very excited.
12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? Yes
13- If yes, who? My Mom, Sherry, Jenny, Yevette, Bonnie, Megan and Kellie.
14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? There was this one shirt that looked like a wet cow!! But other than that, everyone had good taste.
15- How much weight did you gain? 35 pounds
16- Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? It has been 10 days and I am down 23 pounds!! I don’t know how I lost it but it is gone but my hips are still not letting me get into some pants.
17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? Not a one!!
18- What did you crave the most? I didn’t really crave anything. I ate a lot of Oreos and milk and I put jalapenos on everything.
19- Did you crave anything crazy? Nope
20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? When people would say, “Just you wait, this will happen, that will happen, just you wait” I hated that more than anything. I would take Griff’s hand and squeeze really tight to stop from slapping them.
21- Were you married at the time? Yes
22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? I started bleeding in the second trimester and had a lot of blood work done and found out I have a gene mutation (MTHFR) then about a month before I was due, we were told the baby had decreased three weeks in size. Come to find out, the stupid doctor just typed in the wrong information. We had a total of 10 ultrasounds and 2 stress tests.
23- Where were you when you went into labor? Staples in Park City
24- Did your water break? Nope, they broke it for me.
25- Who drove you to the hospital? Griff. There was no way I would have been able to drive.
26- Did you go early or late? 6 days early.
27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Griff, Sherry, Terri and Jenny. But Griff was the only one below my knees.
29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Oh yeah, I thought about no meds but I am so glad I did.
30-Did you go Natural or have a c-section? Natural
31- What was your first reaction after giving birth? What an amazing experience. Then “Wow, Look at all that hair” She had tons of blonde hair.
32- How big was the baby? 6 lbs. 10 oz. and 20½ inches.
33- Did your Husband cry? When I started pushing, the nurse had him count and when the baby started to crown, he would get really choked up and wasn’t able to count. He had a few tears rolling down his cheeks but he wasn’t sobbing, just the right amount. He is so amazing.
34- What did you name the baby? Oakley Anne Lloyd
35- Did the baby have any complications? She had meconian in her lungs so the NICU team had to come in and put a tube down her throat to get it out. She also had the cord wrapped her neck. But everything was fine.
36- How old is your baby today? 10 days!!
37- When is the next one coming? Hopefully about 3 years, but we learned with Oakley that it is not our decision 
40-If you could, would you do it all over again? ABSOLUTLY!! I wouldn’t change a thing. It was not nearly as bad as everyone made it out to be. She was worth every bit of it.

5 comments:

Mrs. Jones said...

Cute Pictures! I would love to get my hands on that baby! Keep posting pics! They change so fast.

Meggie said...

She is so adorable! I'm glad that she made it here safely! Those pictures of her are so cute!

Deanna said...

Congrats again! I agree, the whole experience is amazing and I totally want to do it again. Marlo, however...

Jewelle said...

those are gorgeous pictures of Oakley!

Kelly Jo said...

THANKS! It's fun to be a mommy! I just love our little guy so much. Oakley looks so tiny and cute CONGRATS to you both. I looks like she has a lot of hair. Hope all is going good?

If you know me at all, you know I LOVE music!!