Thursday, October 9, 2008

Oakley's First Hunt

When I put in for the hunts, I obviously was not expecting to be 6 months pregnant when they came around. When we found out that we were going to have a baby everyone said that I wouldn't be able to hunt, but this was my first time doing the muzzle loader so I was bound and determined to prove them wrong- and I did. We had been seeing these deer in the same place and time of day everyday, so one day Griff, Ryan Heath and I were looking and spotted them. I had the perfect shot so I pulled up and pulled the trigger. The deer jumped about 2 feet in the air, so I thought for sure he was down. When we went to look for him, there wasn't a trace of blood or anything. I like to blame it on Oakley, saying that she kicked right as I pulled the trigger. I redeemed myself when we saw him on the last morning of the hunt. I had an even better shot at him so I pulled my gun up, took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. He staggered about 4 feet then dropped. It was such an adrenaline rush. I was so excited. I want to thank my amazing husband for taking me everyday, my brother-in-law for not even pulling his gun up to take the shot and my little brother for being there for support! (Sorry about your clothes Heath and Ryan lol)






3 comments:

rachel and brady said...

That's a unique buck! You're one tough chick to go on the muzzleloader while pregnant! I'm too big a wuss to go hunting, period! Me and Brady enjoyed looking at your pics...have a good weekend!

Joelle said...

Jen, I just love you so much and am really happy you got to do what you love to do. But...that is kinda gross. I keep telling my husband the same thing. I think that it will be really neat to someday be able to show Oakley a trip she went on before she was even born!

Shanna said...

Jenn! That is awesome you went hunting while prego! Thats an awesome buck! And i love your little belly! I'm so excited for you! My day is almost here! Hopefully next weekend! Yikes!

If you know me at all, you know I LOVE music!!